Injection molding is the process of making components by pumping the liquid materials into the mold cavity necessarily by using injection molding machine. Smooth surface finish can be achieved by this process.
Image source: wiki
Level of surface finish achieved: 0.40 – 0.10 micro meters
– Good surface finish
– Complex geometry can be produced.
– High production rate
– Fully automated, so less manpower required.
– High tooling and equipment cost
– Part with large undercut cannot be produced.
Ideal applications: Suitable for making large scale production of the plastic and similar components.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- How to Make Line Follower Robot without Using Microcontroller - September 15, 2018
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018
- 3D Printing Simulation Software – Are They Capable Enough? - July 16, 2017