Sheet metal punching process is the process of removing part of the sheet metal by using punching press and punching tool. The only difference of it with the sheet metal forming lies in the tooling set up. So, by changing the tools any one of the operation can be performed from the same press.
– Same machine can be used for manufacturing different components by changing the dies.
– High equipment and tooling costs.
Ideal applications: Suitable for making mass production of the sheet metal components.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- INR 0.8 Million per Kg is the Cost of NOT Doing Design Optimization – How? - November 6, 2018
- How to Make Line Follower Robot without Using Microcontroller - September 15, 2018
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018