Abrasive jet machining (AJM) or micro-abrasive blasting or abrasive micro-blasting or pencil blasting is the process of removing or local eroding of the material by jet of abrasive particles and gas mixtures.
Level of surface finish achieved: micro meters
– Very good surface finish can be achieved
– Hard materials can be machined
– Complex profiles can be created
– Very slow rate of operation
Ideal applications: Ideal for cutting intricate profile out of brittle, hard, heat sensitive and thin materials.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018
- 3D Printing Simulation Software – Are They Capable Enough? - July 16, 2017
- Do Value Engineering Upfront, Right at Design Stage - November 22, 2015