Brazing process is a kind of fusion welding process where very soft filler materials are used and the joining process is performed at lower temperature (above 450 degree C). The joining area is also very small compare to the traditional fusion welding. The joint strength is quite less here.
– Size of the heat affected zone is very less
– Less expensive
– Dissimilar materials can be joined
– Weak joints
– Not suitable for high temperature applications
Ideal applications: Ideal for making low strength joint of dissimilar materials where warping and damage to the base materials is required to be avoided.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- INR 0.8 Million per Kg is the Cost of NOT Doing Design Optimization – How? - November 6, 2018
- How to Make Line Follower Robot without Using Microcontroller - September 15, 2018
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018