In stamping process, extreme high pressure is applied to the sheet metal piece to give it a shape of the final component. The characteristics of this process are ability to achieve tight tolerance and high production rate. The same mechanical press which is used for forming and punching can be used for this sheet metal manufacturing as well only by attaching the appropriate tool.
– High accuracy.
– High production rate.
– Easy to automate the process
– High equipment and tooling costs.
Ideal applications: Suitable for making mass production of the sheet metal components of tight tolerance.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- How to Make Line Follower Robot without Using Microcontroller - September 15, 2018
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018
- 3D Printing Simulation Software – Are They Capable Enough? - July 16, 2017