In blow molding air is pumped after pumping the molten materials into the two piece mold cavity, the combined effect produce thin yet uniform walled components. It is much like blowing the rubber balloon by keeping it inside a glass bottle.
Image source: wiki
– Variety of designs are manufacturable by this process.
– Lower manufacturing cost per item.
– Only hollow parts can be produced.
Ideal applications: Ideal for producing the thin walled plastic components like bottles, containers etc.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- How to Make Line Follower Robot without Using Microcontroller - September 15, 2018
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018
- 3D Printing Simulation Software – Are They Capable Enough? - July 16, 2017