Soldering process is similar to that of brazing except the temperature. The temperature here must be below 450 degree C as per American welding Society (AWS) definition.
– Size of the heat affected zone is very less
– Less expensive
– Dissimilar materials can be joined
– Weak joints
Ideal applications: Used extensively in electronics industry for making connections on PCB.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- Design for Additive Manufacturing Worksheet - July 7, 2018
- 3D Printing Simulation Software – Are They Capable Enough? - July 16, 2017
- Do Value Engineering Upfront, Right at Design Stage - November 22, 2015