Sheet metal forming is the manufacturing process of creating the sheet metal components only by deforming the sheet metal and not by breaking, cutting, tearing or removing any part of the sheet. Bending, spinning, deep drawing, spinning and stretching are few important sheet metal forming processes. The sheet metal press and like die and punch tools are used for this type of manufacturing process.
– Same machine can be used for manufacturing different components by changing the dies.
– Very less wastage.
– High equipment and tooling costs.
– Heat treatment is required afterwards.
Ideal applications: Suitable for making mass production of the sheet metal components.
Disclaimer: I work for Altair. mechGuru.com is my personal blog. Although i have tried to put my neutral opinion while writing about different competitor's technologies, still i would like you to read the articles by keeping my background in mind.
Latest posts by Shibashis Ghosh (see all)
- 3D Printing Simulation Software – Are They Capable Enough? - July 16, 2017
- Do Value Engineering Upfront, Right at Design Stage - November 22, 2015
- HPDC vs LPDC - November 7, 2015